Sunday, March 8, 2015

3/8/15

As I mentioned in my blog last week, I was at a roadblock and did not really know what to go from there, but this week I recovered from that by taking a big leap forward with my project. I contacted a local Family Cancer Foundation, known as Angels of Hope. The coordinator of the volunteer activities has been in touch with me for the past few days trying to set up a date to meet so her and I can plan the volleyball fundraiser. She has been a great help by promoting my idea on social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter. I am hoping with the attention of social media, my fundraiser will have a good turn out. All of my proceeds will be going to Angels of Hope to help families struggling with the disease and to help find a cure. She is trying to find a family that I can meet with in the near future to talk about cancer and what it is like battling it. I have also contacted the principal of Brownell Middle School in hopes of using their gym to host this event. As I wait for his response I will be in touch with the people of Angels of Hope planning the event and sorting everything out. This week has me very excited to see where this all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment